Monday, April 03, 2006

We're home

Hello, everyone. We've made it to Arizona. The drive from San Diego to Phoenix, with 2 cats and a 3 month old son was, well, LONG. Brendan needed us to stop at least 5 times along the way so a trip that normally takes 6 hours actually lasted 8. We arrived about 7 PM on Thursday and came up to get the keys to our new home at 10am on Friday. I was a little apprehensive that Dana wouldn't like the house since she hadn't seen it since construction started. In fact, I hadn't even seen the final product even though I had come back to Arizona on the 29th to pre-sign the closing papers. It took her a couple minutes to take it all in, but, I'm happy to report that we both really like our new home.

Brendan's room is much bigger than his old nursery so we've got space to put in all of his furniture. Dana's first order of business, once she's able to get out of the house, is to find a dresser for his room. We also have to figure out exactly how we want to paint it since it's all just beige, right now. He's adjusted pretty well to his new environment, though he hasn't slept as much as he was in San Diego. Perhaps he's sensitive to the time difference?

It was very nice coming home from the office today to have my wife and son waiting for me.

We've got lots of pictures to share with you, but I can't find the cable to our camera. Once we uncover it, I'll get to work posting some pictures so you can see our new home.

Rob

No comments: