Friday, February 10, 2006

Less pictures, more update

So Brendan is a big boy. Today I held him and stood on our bathroom scale. Dial turned to 179. I put the boy in his crib and got back on the scale. 165. Subract one from the other and you get 14 pounds. Granted, this is a bit of a crude measurement (those numbers on the dial are pretty small) but its probably pretty close. If he is 14 pounds then he's gained about 1 lb per week. Today my mom and I made a run to Target to pick up some size 2 diapers since the 1-2s don't quite do the job anymore. We've had to archive some of his newborn clothes because they just don't fit. Needless to say, but all the eating that leads to this weight gain means he's keeping Dana busy. But she's doing really well and is a fantastic mother (and wife).

We've learned the hard way that he HATES driving around in his car seat. We made a run to Dairy Queen last night and he basically screamed the whole way. By the time we got there I needed a stiff drink more than a chocolate shake. Dana's been checking on some of the mom message boards on the Internet and she was heartened to hear other moms say their kids went through the same thing and it only lasted a couple weeks. We'll hold on to that!

As I indicated earlier, my mom is in town for a couple days to see Brendan. He like being held by her and has spent lots of time sleeping in her arms. We're hoping maybe she can make it back for spring break in March. Here's a picture of him getting a little Grandma time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grama times are the best...I'm sure she'll be back as soon as she can :) Hi Aunt Pat! Have a GREAT time :)

Anonymous said...

Grama times are the best...I'm sure she'll be back as soon as she can :) Hi Aunt Pat! Have a GREAT time :)