Friday, March 23, 2007

chugga chugga choo choo

Wednesday we went to the McCormick-Stillman Railroad park in Scottsdale with my friend Michele and her son. The weather this week was a little cooler so that was great. Its a cool park with a train ride, train cars, a museum, playground and a building for a few local model train clubs. And its free to get in and the rides are just $1. Brendan loved going on the train ride though his favorite part was watching the train each time it went by and waving to the passengers. He also loved hearing the train whistle. They also had a carousel which he was fascinated with when he saw it and kept signing dog (which I think was for the horses). Brendan had been on one at the fair and he didn't like it but that was a few months ago and at the end of a long day so we decided to try it again - as soon as we got on he started crying and clinging to me. No more carousel rides for awhile.

Thursday we were supposed to go see the Padres (Brendan's hometown team) spring training game against the Cubs with my MOMS club. The Padres play at Peoria Stadium, only about 15 minutes from our house. But it was raining so we decided not to go. Brendan was fascinated by the rain so I took him outside and we sat on our porch bench and we watch the rain - it was quite a downboard and he thought this was great. I think he had more fun with this than if we had gone to the game.

Easter is getting closer! I love Easter - all the decorations and the candy. Last night I pulled out all the decorations and put up the Easter Egg tree (I'll post a photo later). The tree is safe from Brendan because he hasn't learned how to climb yet - its the cats that I'm more worried about so I haven't put the really special eggs on yet. Brendan has been having playing with the plastic easter eggs and putting them all in the easter basket.

Friday we took Brendan for his second haircut. He didn't like it as much as the first time and ended up crying during his cut. I think he likes it better when Daddy takes him. He quickly recovered from the drama and once home he was acting extra goofy. Here are some photos of the boy - first he was running around with his hands over his eyes and then he switched to covering his ears.

No comments: