Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Mom and Dad could use a nap

Sorry it's been a couple days since we've had a chance to update you all. It's not because we're any less excited that Brendan is home with us....we're just a little pooped.

Brendan is a wonderful little boy even though he doesn't really have a personality yet. He does react when I tickle his underarms and he seems to like to look at Dana when he's eating.

He has a huge appetite as evidenced by his rapid weight gain. Below are all of the data points we've gotten on the little boy's weight.

12/29.... 8 lb 13 oz
12/31.... 7 lb 15 oz
1/5........ 8 lb 1 oz
1/12...... 8 lb 14 oz
1/18...... 9 lb 10 oz

Over the weekend Brendan threw his first fit. He wasn't hungry and he wasn't tired so he let us know about it by yelling. I tried to take him for a walk, but it rained so we had to come home. Then we tried holding him. Then we tried putting him in his swing. Nothing worked but he finally wore himself out (and us) and took a nap.

We've finished the birth announcements and put them in the mail. Perhaps by the time you are reading this you'll have received yours. We'll wait a couple days and then post it on the site(don't want to ruin the surprise). I've been having a lot of fun Photoshopping the pictures we've been taking. I'm working hard to get pictures printed out for Brendan's grandmas and grandpas so they can fill up the photo albums they got for Christmas.

I'm in Phoenix for a couple days so Dana and Brendan are getting a little one on one time. Day 1 and Dana says all is going well. I told her not to let Brendan do anything important while I'm gone. When I get back I'll post a few new pictures.

Hope you all are doing well!

1 comment:

Josh said...

The birth announcement looks great. Thanks for the Teddy Bear mirror. It's my favorite gift so far. Thanks again, Becky (Josh's wife)