Sunday, January 01, 2006

Just one pic today

Brendan's doing fine today. He's got a huge appetite and spends a lot of time breastfeeding. With the amount he's eating we're confident that he'll be able to avoid getting jaundiced. He gave me a nice big poop today which is good (for him) as it'll help eliminate the bilirubin. While I was changing him he tried to give me a splash down...fortunately I was changing him from the side and was able to avoid a catastrophe!

We are going to stay in the hospital tonight just to take full advantage of the medical services available to help Dana recover and to keep an eye on Brendan's bilirubin levels. We could probably go home, but one extra night will be good.

I came home this afternoon and Sara could smell Brendan on me. She was very curious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby boy! I'm very excited for all of you. Have fun as a new family!
- Leslie