Saturday, January 07, 2006

Short update

naked as a jaybird
dressed for a night out


We've spent the last couple days just sort of hanging out getting to know our fabulous new son. He's still a very good boy and never cries just to just occupy himself. He'll grunt and groan when he's hungry, and he'll yell when he gets a diaper change, but that's all part of the package. He spends more and more time awake and looking around exploring his brand new environment.

Dana has been a real trooper. Brendan keeps her busy with feedings and she's pretty exhausted. My job is to keep the house running (scary thought) and changing diapers and trying to entertain him for a couple hours to get Dana a chance to nap. I wish I could do more, but for now, this is just the arrangement.

I started working on the birth announcement and hope that we can get those out next week. We took a bunch more pictures of the little fella to try to incorporate into the announcement.

Speaking of next week, I'm going back to work, but I'll be working from home so I can still help out. After that I'll be heading to Phoenix for a few days. It'll be interesting to see how we're all going to feel about that.

Hope everyone has had as good a start to 2006 as we have!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dana/Rob

Love the beach picture-You are breaking him in early to love the beach.